Thursday, April 23, 2009

Found a Bad Egg: The Doctor Who Easter Special

I finally sat down to watch the Doctor Who Easter special, and I have to say it was a disappointment. I found that I had to keep rolling it back because my attention would wander, and that never happens to me when I'm watching something.

Russell T. Davies is like a British Joss Whedon. If I find a show by either writer, I'll watch it slavishly. But you can just tell that Davies is ready to move onto something new.

Even die-hard Doctor Who fans will find little to enjoy here, and the introduction of Michelle Ryan as companion does little to spice things up. I liked her in Jekyll and Bionic Woman, but despite trying hard, there is no chemistry between her and David Tennant.

Maybe they filmed this special to prepare us for the new doctor, because now I'm actually beginning to look forward to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment