Sunday, May 24, 2009

Weeping for the Villain—The Season Finale of Legend of the Seeker

Well in the end the writers of Legend of the Seeker wrapped up the season ender in a way that captured the book in spirit, if not in the plot points.

WARNING! Here be spoilers! Arrrr! (For some reason that sounds better in a pirate voice.) Although I'm the only person I know watching this show, so probably no one but me cares.

For a plot that involved time travel and pregnancy, both of which I usually think of as jump-the-shark scenarios, it was pretty good.

Everything was fully resolved. You can tell that the writers didn't think this show would go to second season. Now that it has been picked up again, I guess they are going to mine the second book for plots.

I want to say it was resolved in a satisfying way, and it was, except that my favourite character is the villain Darken Rahl. I loved that the last few episodes had a lot of Rahl action but now he's very dead.

I'm curious to see what they are going to do with Cara, the Mord-Sith so I am looking forward to next season for that. And, well, at least we have the Seeker's chest to look at, which has enough screen presence that it is almost like a character in its own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment