Friday, March 27, 2009

New Supernatural Trailer Does Genre-Crossing

I'm a fan of Supernatural on Facebook, and they just posted the trailer for next week's episode. To watch on YouTube, click here. It looks like it's going to be a pretty damn funny send up of the spin-off/pulp/genre fiction publishing industry. I can't freakin' wait.

Although, if the publishing PTBs came knocking on my door asking me to write a Supernatural spin-off book, I'd totally do it. And, really, who doesn't like a book cover with buff chests?

My housemate writes Supernatural fan fic and is our resident Supernatural expert, and both of us are not satisfied with the current Supernatural spin-off novels out there. They just aren't funny and the author doesn't catch the character's personalities at all, and the author(s) of these books don't appear to watch the show because there are continuity errors like crazy throughout the books. (OK, taking a deep breath now.)

But, despite my spin-off rant, I'm still "gonna need all the copies of Supernatural you've got", boys.

And, in a postscript to this post, I have to say that the one advantage to the new Facebook is that it does make it easier for TV fans to follow their favourite shows if they have Facebook groups (like Supernatural) because the groups post updates to your profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment